On 2nd September 2019 Newson Health Menopause and Wellbeing Centre was inspected by the Care Quality Commission , the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
We were delighted to receive a report to show that our clinic was deemed as providing an overall rating of 'Good' for being safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led.
The report states that:
- The practice provided care in a way that kept patients safe and protected them from avoidable harm.
- There was an open and transparent approach to safety and a system in place for recording, reporting and learning from significant events. The practice had clear systems to manage risk so that safety incidents were less likely to happen. When incidents happened, the practice learned from them and reviewed their processes to ensure improvements were made.
- There were clearly defined and embedded systems, processes and practices in place to keep people safe and safeguarded from abuse and for identifying and mitigating risks of health and safety.
- Patients received effective care and treatment that met their needs.
- The provider regularly published articles on menopause and other medical issues. An article on managing osteoporosis in menopausal women had been included in a recent medical publication.