Why bother eating fermented foods, let alone making them yourself?
Fermented foods contain beneficial probiotics/good bacteria, as well as prebiotic foods and phytonutrients for those bacteria to thrive on.
By making them yourself you know that those fermented foods are alive, as some shop bought fermented foods may not have live probiotics in them. Plus making them yourself is better value and really fun!
More recently science has found links between fermented food consumption, the health of the large intestine and mental health. Good news!
Emma sees the results her clinic from people eating fermented foods, prebiotics and probiotics, as well as all the fabulous phytonutrients that go with a whole food way of eating.
Not only do people feel more energetic and vital, they often say how improved their mood has become “from gloomy to flourishing!”
Have you ever thought of your fermented foods as a psychobiotic!
During this class qualified nutritionist and former chef, Emma Ellice-Flint will talk about this and the effects on the gut.
This is a hands on class, so numbers are limited.
In the class you will:
- Taste many different fermented foods from Kombucha, Kimchi, Miso, Kefirs to Tempeh and beyond
- Hear from Emma about the health benefits of fermented foods, why they are good for your gut and overall body and mind health
- Learn about incorporating them into your every day lives
- Make your own sauerkraut ferment to eat at home
- Take home some kefir and kombucha starter cultures to make at home
Here’s what someone said of their time at one of Emma’s Fermented Foods Masterclass, “fantastic, and so informative!”
To learn more about Emma head to her website here: https://emmasnutrition.com
Saturday 26th October 2.00 pm - 4.30 pm
Tuesday 3rd December 10.00 am - 12.30 pm