BBC Breakfast run Wake up to the Menopause campaign
Published: 14th May 2019
BBC Breakfast is running a whole range of news items on the menopause this week (13th May) in a bid to try and tackle the taboos and raise awareness about the issues which face every woman at some time in their lives.
Here's a run-down of the schedule:
- Monday 13 - Me 'n' the Pause - What are the signs what and symptoms
- Tuesday 14 - Help Me! HRT and Health! - Looking at the very latest in medicine
- Wednesday 15 - Let's work it out! - How do we improve the workplace for women
- Thursday 16 - Early Menopause - What happens when menopause is early or have learning disabilities
- Friday 17 - From Partners to Pelvic Floor - Tips for health, heart and happiness
You can watch BBC Breakfast from 6am and join in the conversation on Twitter throughout the week using the hashtag #BBCMenopause.
Newson Health Menopause and Wellbeing Centre was founded by leading menopause specialist and GP, Dr Louise Newson, and officially opened in September 2018 by Liz Earle MBE. Created to help women receive the most appropriate, individualised treatment for their perimenopause and menopause, it has quickly become a centre of excellence, providing care to women of all ages, as well as running educational events for primary care clinicians.
Dr Newson is also the founder of the Menopause Doctor website, a free resource since 2017, providing the latest unbiased, evidence based information about the menopause and perimenopause for women as well as the most recent national and international menopause articles and guidelines for healthcare professionals.