World Menopause Day - 18th October 2019
Published: 3rd October 2019
World Menopause Day is on the 18th October and here at Newson Health we have a special day lined up full of guest panels and podcasts, designed to help everyone gain a more thorough knowledge of what menopause is and why we should be speaking about it.
We will be holding panels and discussions all day, joined by a whole host of medical professionals, menopause specialists and menopause campaigners and together we will cover topics such as menopause for partners, early menopause, osteoporosis, heart disease, depression, urinary symptoms and vaginal dryness as well as nutrition and yoga.
Our panellists include:
- Dr Louise Newson - GP, menopause specialist and founder of Newson Health Menopause & Wellbeing Centre and My Menopause Doctor
- Dr Sarah Ball - GP with special interest in menopause
- Dr Alice Duffy - GP with special interest in menopause
- Dr Rebecca Lewis - GP with special interest in menopause
- Meg Mathews - Former music industry guru and founder of MegsMenopause.com
- Diane Danzebrink - Menopause campaigner and founder of the #MakeMenopauseMatter campaign
- Jane Simpson - Author of 'The Pelvic Floor Bible'
- Katie Taylor - Founder of The Latte Lounge - an online platform for mid-life women
- Professor David Reid - Consultant Rheumatologist with special interest in osteoporosis
- Diane Porterfield - Nurse practitioner with special interest in menopause education
- Emma Ellice-Flint - Nutritionist and author of 'The Happy Hormone Cookbook'
- Lucy Holtom - Yoga practitioner
- Nicola Mulkeen - Pelvic Health Physiotherapist
If you are currently experiencing perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms then we want to hear from you! Do you have any questions for our panel of experts?
Submit any questions you may have to email@example.com and pose it to one particular panellist, or to the group as a whole, and a selection will be answered live on the day.
Snippets of the panel discussions will be streamed on the day, as well as the Q&A session, and all of the discussions will be available to view on menopausedoctor.co.uk after the event.
We're also delighted to be launching 5 new booklets, available in both paper format, and online on World Menopause Day.
- Menopause in Younger Women
- Menopause in the Workplace
- Menopause in Women Who Have Had Cancer
- Menopause for Partners
Newson Health Menopause and Wellbeing Centre was founded by leading menopause specialist and GP, Dr Louise Newson, and officially opened in September 2018 by Liz Earle MBE. Created to help women receive the most appropriate, individualised treatment for their perimenopause and menopause, it has quickly become a centre of excellence, providing care to women of all ages, as well as running educational events for primary care clinicians.
Dr Newson is also the founder of the Menopause Doctor website, a free resource since 2017, providing the latest unbiased, evidence based information about the menopause and perimenopause for women as well as the most recent national and international menopause articles and guidelines for healthcare professionals. The website has been adopted by the Royal College of GPs (RCGP) as an official educational library aimed at patients and healthcare professionals wishing to learn more about the menopause.
Newson Health Research and Education is a not-for-profit organisation founded by Dr Newson, from which all profits gained from the organisation's activities, such as event sponsorship, delegate fees and speaker's fees, are invested back into the business.